The holiday season can be a time of joy and togetherness but it can also be a time of stress, conflict and family tension. If you want to avoid conflicts in your relationship, here are 9 tips to overcome challenges during the holidays.
▪ Keep your expectations realistic
▪ Always approach family events as a team
▪ Talk to your partner about finances and create a budget together
▪ Setting boundaries to avoid arguments
▪ Create new traditions
* Learn to assert your needs and say “no”
▪ Acknowledge your feelings The holidays tend to trigger grief reactions of loved ones that we lost. It’s important to be aware of your reactions. Make sure you grieve or help your partner work through their grief reactions..
* Slow down and practice self care
* Plan Date Nights
Access your Free Guide HERE To Beat The Bickering: 5 Simple and Proven Tips To Communicate Without Clashing
To find out more about my services click here: Couples Counseling