Anger Management Support Group
- Do you feel that you can’t control your anger?
- Does your anger escalate too quickly and too often?
- Is your anger affecting your personal and professional relationships?
- Do you feel bad about yourself after an anger episode?
Anger is a healthy human emotion and a natural response to situations that hurt us. But if you have difficulty managing your anger it can be damaging. When you hold anger back and allow it to fester or lash out and attack others, it can lead to unnecessary chaos in your life and/or relationships.
Our 6-week Anger Management Group will teach you effective strategies and tools on how to control and manage your anger.
In Our Six-Week Anger Management Group You will Learn:
- How to identify your anger triggers
- How to figure out what is really causing your anger
- Powerful strategies on how to prevent anger episodes in your personal and professional relationships
- How to express anger in a way that leads to constructive conversation
- Eliminate angry outbursts and manage conflict through a productive and relaxed manner.
The group offers an opportunity for participants to feel connected and supported, while realizing that they are not alone in controlling their anger. In a safe and non-judgemental atmosphere group members will share experiences, strategies, and resources that will be helpful in managing anger effectively.
The goal of our six-week Anger Management Support Group is to help you express anger in a healthier way. We approach the group from a psychodynamic and cognitive perspective. First, we identify feelings that trigger anger and delve deeper into understanding the feelings underneath the anger. The more familiar you become with your triggers, reactions and the true source of your anger, the more in control you will be of this emotion. Second, we focus on learning major cognitive techniques and strategies on how to manage your anger.
Bonus: You will receive an audio recording and powerpoint at the end of the six week group. When you feel stuck in an anger episode, you can listen to the audio as many times necessary to help control and manage your anger.