Valentine’s Day is the one day of the year set aside to celebrate love. Couples all around spend lots of time stressing and planning the perfect Valentine’s Day for their partner. Sure, Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to lavish your partner with gifts; however it should not be a stressful occasion.
I’m sure by now you’ve already started planning how to spend Valentine’s Day with your partner. This question is on the minds of most couples – both new couples and couples who have been together for years.
For you new couples, you may be at a loss as to what to do or what sort of gift you should give your new partner. For you long term couples, you may be thinking, “We’ve done this already- what’s the big deal?”
First and foremost, couples should remember that Valentine’s Day is just one day out of the year. Couples should express their love everyday, not just this one “special” day.
Here are a few suggestions for all couples to make Valentine’s Day spectacular:
- Plan a nice date together – go to your favorite places or recreate your first date.
- Don’t go overboard on gifts – find a small token or gift that you know your partner will enjoy.
- Get creative with personalized gifts – write a heartfelt love poem or a love letter to your sweetie.
- If your partner typically enjoys staying in, surprise them with a romantic dinner and movie at home.
- Enjoy spending the time with your partner.
Take a deep breath and remember: Valentine’s Day is just another day you should spend expressing your love to your partner.
So tell me, what’s the most creative gift you’ve received on Valentine’s Day?
To Greater Intimacy,
Rachel Moheban-Wachtel, LCSW
Enter your name + email below for a free audio lesson that’ll teach you how to calm your nerves and express yourself in a positive way.